This Bout of Books 11 read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week-long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I guess I missed Bout of Books 10…sigh…I’ll have to make up for missing that challenge by joining this one, #11. I’ll…I’ll just have to sacrifice myself and read as many books as I can between August 18 to 24, Monday to Sunday, lol. Oh, yeah, as if I need the excuse to read more…*grin*…
Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal came up with this Bout of Books 11.0 (click here if you want to register), and I do adore any excuse to read. (I learned about the challenge from Alicia at Summer Next Top Story.)
If you’re interested, all you have to do is post the book(s) you’ve read and/or the number of pages you’ve read th e previous day on the day following, i.e., how many pages and which books you read on Monday, you post it up on Tuesday, etc., with a grand prize at the end of it. (To be considered for a prize in this challenge, you must have a post about your goals ((by Monday)) and be actively tracking your progress along with directly linking your post to the Bout of Books. If you have questions about your goals or how to track progress, visit their FAQ page.)
So you aren’t scrambling to find all the information they want as part of your sign-up post:
- Write a post similar to this previous one of mine from 11.0 or (click on any of the people who have already signed up for more and better examples)
- Write up your goals (goals template) and add them to your post — you’ll need to re-post your goals on the 18th, Monday with a direct link
- Turn off your CAPTCHA widget, if you have it on
- On Tuesday, post what you read on Monday: the titles of the books you’ve read OR the number of pages you’ve read of that book
- On Wednesday, post Tuesday’s accomplishments, etc.
- You must post a link of the daily reports at least twice during the read-a-thon
- Grab their Read-a-thon button in the sidebar of their registration page
- There are more tidbits, but these seemed to be the most crucial. It’s a bit of a mess trying to find all the bits and pieces.